You’re not connected to the Belkin Range Extender’s WiFi network, if you’re receiving this error message while setting up the range extender Download Nighthawk App for Computer then the best solution is to reset the extender.
There are two ways to reset your Belkin Range Extender
- Reset Button
To perform web-based factory reset, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Log in to your Belkin extender via http://belkin.range web address or 192.168.206.1 IP address.
- Enter the Nighthawk-app.com credentials to log in to your Belkin Extender Page. Default username is admin and the password is blank.
- On the home page of Belkin extender, go to ‘ADMINISTRATION’
- Select the Factory Default option under the administration tab.
- Click on Restore Factory Defaults and confirm the command by clicking on yes button.
- Please wait patiently to complete the reboot process of the extender. After rebooting, the extender will power on automatically.
Note: Do not power off your extender in between the reset process as it might corrupt the firmware of the extender.
2. Reset Button
To reset the Belkin extender, first make sure that the extender is plugged in to the power source. Follow the steps.
- Find the reset button on the base Nighthawk App of the extender and plug in the extender to the power source.
- Take a paperclip or a pin to push the reset button on the extender.
- Press and hold down the reset button of the Belkin extender for about 5-7 seconds.
- Release the reset button if you see the LED lights flashing on the extender.
- Patiently, wait for the extender to reboot itself.
- After resetting the extender, you can start the setup of the extender from scratch.
- Go through with our previous articles to setup your belkin extender.
Note: Do not plug in the extender to the surge protector while performing the reset process. Always plug in to the direct power outlet.